Consideration While Buying the Best Table Saw!
Since each table saw comes with specific features and benefits so that you can get confused easily. Hence, how to know the right table saw within range? Well, the following buying guide may help you. You should check these things before making any decision. Read on to know more.
One of the top thing to check in a table saw is its motor horsepower. The motor power determines the capacity of the table saw. You can quickly know whether they fit your requirements. However, table saw with higher HP allows it to deal with harder woods.
Size of Blade and Table Top
Table saw comes in different sizes, which determines by the size of the blades and tabletop. Usually, table saws are acknowledged with the blade size, as 10-inch or 12-inch table saw. Most tables saw comes with blades of these two sizes. From where 10-inch table saws are perfect for small woodworking projects. Conversely, 12-inch table saws are best for larger projects.
Likewise, the size of the tabletop is determined by its width and length. The larger the length and width of the table saw, the better it can support any materials. So, choose according to your project’s need.
It is more than essential to have proper safety precaution in a table saw. Properly analyze all the features in your selected table saw to prevent accidents. Few safety features include flesh detection, anti-kickback, riving knife, splitters, and push sticks.
Ease of Use
Since you may need to work on your project for day-long, your table saw should have obvious functions and setup process. If you find them complicated, then it will only kill your valuable time.
Easy portability matters for a table saw, as your job may require movements. You may need to transfer it from one job site to another job site. All three types of table saw (Bench Top, Compact, and Jobsite) are comparatively lightweight. Also, table saw with on-board storage enhances the portability.
Of course, price is the main factor when you are looking for the best table saw under 500. Determine which one suits your requirements and budget as well. Though you’ll find the right one within your budget, still you should compare different models within the price range.
Additional Safety Tips for Users
Whichever you choose for your projects, it is mandatory to consider your safety while working. Although, you’ll find built-in safety features, yet it is better to stay alert. Here are some safety tips for your convenience;
- Before you start the machine, make sure to check all the safety features. Check whether they are working as expected to prevent any accidents.
- One crucial factor of the table saw is its visibility. Make sure you have better visibility while working, clean all the remains and offcuts.
- When you are using foreign objects, check the stock before feeding it to the blade. Otherwise, the saw may kickback when the blade gets in touch with an object.
- Avoid wearing loose clothing while working, as you cloth may get stuck in the blade. It is better to wear protective clothing to improve your safety.
- If you need to make any adjustments, make sure to stop the blade and disconnect the power source as well. For more safety, place an emergency stop button within range in case of sudden accidents.
- Last but not least, maintain a balanced body posture while working. Avoid standing in front during making cuts as it may cause serious injuries.
However, these are few of our expert’s suggestions; you can find more in the owner’s manual. So, be safe and get the best result from your selected table saw.