Last Updated on
Miter saw vs circular saw- which one is the best? Which one should I get?
One of the most asked questions by new woodworkers and DIYer! Well, there is no all-rounder quality saw. Each power tool has its own specialty and features. The type of work determines which one is the best.
Generally speaking, you’ll need a miter saw if your project involves a lot of trimming jobs. When you need to rip cuts and crosscuts, then you must choose a circular saw. Though you may have both, both of them are a handy tool.
However, you will not need both power tools at once. Let us explain with their uses, advantages, and disadvantages. It will be easier for you to understand which one you need for which job.
Miter saw is a handy tool for cutting various angles. It is designed to make crosscuts, and miter cuts precisely. The miter saw features a circular blade installed on a swing arm. It rotates both sides to make angled cuts. Miter saw allows cutting along the width and length of a workpiece at a 45-degree angle.
- Accuracy: Miter-saw allows us to make crosscuts and bevel cuts with maximum precision. By adjusting the angle of the saw, you can do it more precisely.
- Faster Operation: The circular blade of the miter saw can cut through the materials quickly.
- Ensure Perfect Fits: Miter-saw can cut those tight-fitting joints needed for molding. You can trim woods for windows, baseboards, and doors as it gets fits perfectly.
- Versatility: Miter-saw is a reliable option for making compound cuts or bevel cuts or crosscuts. This versatile tool does these cuts with ease.
- Easy to use: Due to the simplistic design and features, the miter saw is relatively easy to use. It’s a good option for beginners.
Not So Good Sides:
- Miter saw is relatively expensive than the most powerful tool, including a circular saw.
- Not convenient as it requires some dedicated space.
Circular saw is the most versatile saw that includes a flat circular blade. The blade rotates at high speed to cut plywood, wood, plastic, and metal. It comes in both corded and cordless. The circular saw can make long continuous cuts going with the grain. From masonry work to roofing to plumbing, a circular saw is a handy tool for all jobs.
- Most Versatile: Circular saw is best known for its versatility. It can make various cuts in a variety of materials. You only need to have the right blade for individual applications.
- Variety of cuts: Circular saw can efficiently make straight cuts, rip cuts, cross cuts, bevel cuts, and plunge cuts. It is best to make straight cuts and long cuts as well.
- Portability: It comes in a compact size and requires little space for storage. Due to the small size, it is easier to move around.
- Affordable Price: Even after too much efficiency, a circular saw is also affordable. You’ll need around 50 to 75 dollars for a best-quality circular saw.
Not so Good Sides:
- Circular saw is not suitable for making curved and angle cuts.
- It cannot ensure smooth cuts.
Miter saw vs Circular Saw Which One Should You Buy?
If your project requires a variety of cuts, you must get a circular saw. It also the most versatile option for both professionals and beginners. Circular saw is a handy tool for property maintenance jobs.
Conversely, when your job requires a lot of trimming work, choose the miter saw. You should invest in a miter saw for work like making a photo frame, build furniture, deck, and so on.
Now you decide, which one is suitable for your need among miter saw vs circular saw!
This is Michel. I just love machine items. Basically I am a woodworker. That’s why I need different kinds of power tools for my projects.
I know which type of machinery tools are the best for your projects. Read my reviews. It will help you a lot to understand the basic functions of the tools.